The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Administrative Assistant (AA) is responsible for providing clerical support for Division Management in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to Division Managers and/or Business Managers by preparing and editing communications, making travel arrangements, coordinating meetings, disseminating information to staff and clients, and assisting in creating presentations.
- Provides office coverage by assisting in administrative duties such as replenishing supplies, mailroom and phone coverage.
- Maintains a friendly and professional environment by greeting and assisting visiting colleagues, vendors, clients and customers.
- Assists with developing presentations by assimilating and compiling specific and necessary data.
- Ensures special projects are completed in a timely manner by performing and coordinating appropriate tasks.
- Organizes group meetings by participating in scheduling dates, notifying participants, preparing agendas and arranging refreshments.
- Ensures complete record of meetings by acting as recording assistant.
Information Gathering and Reporting
- Compiles information by reviewing and disseminating incoming mail, prioritizing and categorizing documents for signature, and maintaining confidential files for document retrieval.
- Assists with documentation of internal policies and procedures, newsletters, training materials, and other communications.
- Maintains customer confidence and protect operations by keeping proprietary information confidential.
- Facilitates information flow by serving as liaison between Division Manager, Business Manager, and others.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
1-3 years of experience in administration, preferably within the technology industry
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Accurate typing speed of 60 WPM
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
- Strong prioritization skills
- Analytical skills
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).